Sunday, April 6, 2014

Adelaide Dungeonbowl Cup 2014 - First prize custom board

Hi everyone,

I was asked by Alex over at AFOUL to put together a custom board for their tournament. This was quite flattering as Alex is quite the terrain-maker himself and has been putting together a really impressive dungeon over the years. You can read more about the Dungeonbowl crew over at their website.

Alex also runs a newsletter about fantasy football gaming called "Put the Boot In". He interviewed yours truly in anticipation of their big event, which you can read here.

I do like to support Bloodbowl tournaments, although I'm not much of a tournament player, myself. They are usually smallish community groups and tournaments really are in the spirit of the game. Their tournament rules are the result of hours of gaming and in the interest of fair-play, which is all good in my book.

Anyway, on with the board!


Here is the board's frame, with the modular elements set up, and a few more detailed shots towards the end:


Those last few shots show my scratch-built teleporters, as well as some treasure chests I prepared for the prize. The two identical, square chests are scratch-built, with the others coming from a Hirst Arts mold. The last two shots are taken on my own dungeon boards that you might see a bit more of in the future. I'll be using the Cavern Crawl rules, which I really recommend checking out for this sort of thing!

For anyone interest in custom pitches, for individual purchase or for tournaments, please feel free to contact me.

2 comments:

  1. Hi, what size were each Tile in the dungeon.

    1 inch or wider?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are about 25mm... sometimes I got a little bit over so there's a bit more space. If you're not too fussed about it I find a couple of extra millimeters makes playing on it easier. Hope this helps! Have you got plans to build a board yourself?

      Delete